ignite-user mailing list archives

From "javastuff.sam@gmail.com" <javastuff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Near Cache
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2016 01:19:36 GMT
Thank you for quick response. Here are mode details and my view point of
usage -

>From java application we are starting Ignite instance using
"Ignition.start(configFilename)".
We are keeping "clienMode" default. ( clientMode property not defined in XML
configuration and java code also not using Ignition.setClientMode() )
Typically we run 2 to 4 remote instances of application.
Total cache size (multiple caches) can grow beyond 10s of GB, so off-heap.
We have few caches with READ ONLY data and for those we would like to have
Near cache.

With Near cache configuration we are looking at below benefits -
1. Avoid Serialization/de-serialization for frequently used objects
2. Owner node for cached entry can be Node2, but Node 1 or all nodes are
frequently using it, so avoid network hop. (Node2 holds data in off-heap
partitioned cache, at the same time it is available locally with node1 or
all nodes in near cache after first access)
3. Want to keep limited entries in near cache to avoid huge heap size.

Thanks,
--Sambhav