ignite-user mailing list archives

From zshamrock <aliaksandr.kaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Is Ignite worth using in its current state in production? Is it mature enough?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 09:57:20 GMT
Hi, guys. The more I use Ignite in our system, the more it feels to me like
not yet enough mature product. I see lots of performance complains in the
discussion, people talking about basic essentials things are not working
properly. No one has a clear performance benchmark, just marketing promises.

Also, I see some critical issues (or even blocker issues) are not being
fixed immediately. Obviously, it is an open source, and if someone wants the
production quality product they should buy GridGain Professional or
Enterprise.

So, question then is: what is the purpose of Apache Ignite product/project
if it can't be used safely/trustedly in production? Is it just a marketing
effort towards GridGain?

Don't get me wrong. We already invested lots of time and resources into
making Ignite the core part of our product, and will continue using it. As
this is the overall experience so far, that the quality/maturity of the
Apache Ignite is not there yet.

Is anybody aware of any product using Apache Ignite in production? Not
GridGain, but Apache Ignite?