ignite-user mailing list archives

From "ross.anderson" <ross.ander...@caplin.com>
Subject Re: Deadlock during Client Continuous Query deserialization
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 10:11:00 GMT
Sure, our cluster is much smaller (2 servers, 6 clients).
I guess it's not quite clear to me when/where Ignite is still storing data
in the Binary Object format. Is it in this format for all Caches, or only
those with withKeepBinary? Does ignite keep a Binary Object form, and a
deserialized form together if it has them? If so why does it need to receive
the data/deserialize it more than once per node, irregardless of how many
queries each node has? If not then isn't performance impacted every time you
get something from a cache?

I suppose understanding this is quite important when considering
performance, e.g. when a Scan query is executed, presumably it's executed
against the deserialized forms - so does it need to deserialize all the
entries as it runs against them? If so then I guess I shouldn't be using
Scan queries either.

yakov wrote
> I am not sure whether 2000 is a lot or not. For me even 1 cont query
> bringing all the updates from 100-nodes partitioned cache is quite a lot
> :)
> and most probably will kill the cluster.

My guess is you have rather a lot of data updates? I suppose my case is the
inverse of this, we have few nodes, smallish amount of data, and rather
infrequent data updates, but many interested listeners.

Cheers,
Ross