Sorry for polluting the mailing list.

Ignition.stop(false); // internally stops / cancels the local Ignite service.

Can anyone answer for the 2nd question?

--Kamal

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Kamal C <kamaltarget@gmail.com> wrote:
Vladislav,

I've applied your suggestion. Still, Ignite closes the service running in all the nodes,

ClusterGroup grp = ignite.cluster().forNode(ignite.cluster().localNode());
ignite.services(grp).cancel(calcService);

Exception

class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Failed to find deployed service: CalcService
    at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.service.GridServiceProxy.invokeMethod(GridServiceProxy.java:155)
    at org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.service.GridServiceProxy$ProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(GridServiceProxy.java:331)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy28.add(Unknown Source)
    at my.apache.ignite.examples.servicegrid.ServiceDeployer.useService(ServiceDeployer.java:63)

Re-framing my question:

-  Is Service.cancel() method is not a appropriate place for resource cleanups on shutdown?
-  How to tell Ignite to move a clustered singleton service from one node to another with external scripts?

-- Kamal