ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Lin" ...@linlyu.com>
Subject Re: How about adding kryo or protostuff as an optional marshaller?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 09:35:22 GMT
Hi Denis,

sorry for the late response, I have run some cases to test the serialization performance for
Ignite Binary marshaller and protostuff.

I test most of the primitive types and some custom classes from https://github.com/eishay/jvm-serializers/wiki
(case MEDIACONTENT_1 and MEDIACONTENT_2).

I post the key codes on benchmark on the gist https://gist.github.com/jackeylu/32f9fa35abb84faf42fb25993ec70874

Here is my result, I currently mainly considering the serialization size. It looks like protostuff
works better than ignite binary marshaller in most cases.

            protostuff   ignite-binary-marshaller
     Case   AvgCompressedSize(bytes)   AvgCompressedSize(bytes)
     MEDIACONTENT_1   267   452
     MEDIACONTENT_2   308   531
     NULL_TYPE   0   1
     TANGOL_SIMPLE_LONG_ARRAY   90   103
     CONTACT   212   291
     FIXED_CONTACT   175   280
     GENERAL   366   422
     INT_TYPE   4   5
     INT_ARRAY   2952   4101
     INT_RANDOM_ARRAY   8602   4101
     DOUBLE_TYPE   11   9
     DOUBLE_ARRAY   9224   8197
     BYTE_TYPE   4   2
     BYTE_ARRAY   1029   1029
     STRING_TYPE   16   17
     STRING_ARRAY   37896   40965
     MAP_TYPE   26550   26544
     LIST_TYPE   15289   16304
     SET_TYPE   12214   13232

I can also provide some hex dump for custom classes as follow,

Here is MEDIACONTENT_1  and MEDIACONTENT_2 from Ignite.

and here two are from protostuff.