ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Lin" ...@linlyu.com>
Subject Re: How about adding kryo or protostuff as an optional marshaller?
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 02:54:32 GMT
Hi Val,

I post the codes in GitHub https://github.com/jackeylu/marshaller-cmp, you can run and compare
it.

I am so glad that you can help me to choose the right serializes. I am not sure my cases is
fair or not.

And from my tests, I found that,
1. in most of the case of primitive types or jdk.* types, protostuff not work better than
ignite binary marshaller, but I think it does'n matter in real world.
2. in the case of user defined objects, protostuff can save average 40% capacity than ignite
binary marshaller. Here the custom defined objects are MEDIA_CONTENT_1 and MEDIA_CONTENT_2
which are from https://github.com/eishay/jvm-serializers/blob/master/tpc/data/media.1.cks
and https://github.com/eishay/jvm-serializers/blob/master/tpc/data/media.2.cks

From:  "valentin.kulichenko";<valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com>;
Date:  Tue, Jul 19, 2016 06:01 AM
To:  "user"<user@ignite.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re:  How about adding kryo or protostuff as an optional marshaller?

Hi Lin,

Do you have a GitHub project that I can run and compare these two
marshallers? From these snippets it's not very clear what is actually
serialized.

Generally, Ignite does provide minimal overhead in the binary format, mainly
to allow field lookups without deserialization, which is crucial for SQL
queries, for example. However, even with this overhead, there is no much
difference in numbers. I believe that in most real use cases this difference
will be negligible.

However, you can always try to introduce custom serialization protocol.
Simply implement Marshaller interface and provide the implementation in
IgniteConfiguration.

-Val