ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Lin" ...@linlyu.com>
Subject Re: How about adding kryo or protostuff as an optional marshaller?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 01:50:49 GMT
Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your response and advice.

FYI, protostuff-runtime[1] does not need any *.proto files, and can generate the schema for
you to cache and use at runtime via reflections[2]. I have post my benchmark codes in github[3],
for customized class like [4] with two different cases, the protostuff format generated by
protostuff-runtime can save about 40% capacity than Ignite Binary Marshaller.
I am not sure it is fair enough or not, any suggestion are welcome.

In the meanwhile, protostuff have some pitfalls for null elements in collection and arrays
[5]. If we can not handle these, we would not be able to replace ignite binary marshaller
with protostuff.

[1] http://www.protostuff.io/documentation/runtime-schema/
[2] http://www.protostuff.io/documentation/schema/
[3] https://github.com/jackeylu/marshaller-cmp