ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Non-cluster mode
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:35:13 GMT
Peter,

Measure it basing under your load. Sometimes it’s enough to have Java heaps 8 GB in size
to work under significant load with off-heap data in hundreds of GBs in size.

—
Denis

> On Jul 5, 2016, at 3:20 PM, Peter Schmitt <peter.schmitt.jee@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Denis,
>
> we are trying to store a huge amount of data off-heap (more than 50 GB).
> Therefore, we need to know the heap-size which is needed by Ignite to handle such a huge
off-heap cache (which we only need to keep the heap-size as low as possible due to the GC
overhead).

> Kind regards
> Peter

> Hi Peter,
>
> Basically it depends on your use case. Sometimes it’s enough 2 GB, sometimes 5 GB or
10 GB. It depends on the workload.
> However you shouldn’t allocate too big Java heaps with size more than 20 GB because
it can lead to long stop-the-world pauses at some time.

> —
> Denis
>
>> On Jul 3, 2016, at 11:29 AM, Peter Schmitt <peter.schmitt.jee@gmail.com <mailto:peter.schmitt.jee@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Val,
>>
>> after several tests I can confirm that it works with more heap-memory.
>> However, I'm not sure how much heap-memory is needed for 50+ GB off-heap-data and
I can't find hints for it in the docs.