ignite-user mailing list archives

From Subru Krishnan <su...@apache.org>
Subject Question on serializibility constraint for key-values in Ignite JCache
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 01:30:06 GMT
Hi,

I am working on scaling YARN through Federation (YARN-2915
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-2915>) and as part of it was
looking for a JCache provider for a local cache for the Federation
StateStore.

I found Ignite interesting but hit a constraint with my cache entities not
being serializable when I tried to bootstrap an Ignite based JCache. IIUC
JCache spec does not mandate this constraint. Moreover I tried ehcache and
didn't hit this issue.

Is there a workaround this restriction as my cache is purely local? Or is
there an option to plugin protocol buffers as the serialization provider? I
skimmed the docs/code but couldn't find a solution so I thought I'll check
out the mailing list.

Thanks,
Subru