ignite-user mailing list archives

From Vladislav Pyatkov <vldpyat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to control the data unbalance among all the server nodes?
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 06:38:25 GMT
Hello Jason,

1) Yes, data (cache entry) distributed in partition, depends on hash code
of key (key.hashCode() % parts).

2) The basis for the rebalancing of partitions are leave node from cluster
or join a node to cluster. RendezvousAffinityFunction does so that each
node has roughly the same count of partitions. Also
(RendezvousAffinityFunction)  partition distribution as less as possible
difference than the previous.

Thus we can assume (in case the hash code has uniform distribution) that
each node has about a different part of the data.