ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ferry Syafei Sapei <ferry.sa...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Expiry cache at a certain time
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 13:06:33 GMT
Thank you for your answer.

Let’s say that I put a cache entry with key „x“ and value 1 at 10:00. If I continuously
increment the entry „x“ by one every minute, I must calculate the duration from current
time to 12:00 each time I update the entry in the cache. Is it correct?

> Am 05.07.2016 um 14:55 schrieb Vladislav Pyatkov <vldpyatkov@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello,
>
> You can implement yourself expiration policy (javax.cache.expiry.ExpiryPolicy) like it
done in javax.cache.expiry.CreatedExpiryPolicy. In your case you need to calculate duration
from current time to 12:00 in the mach method (javax.cache.expiry.CreatedExpiryPolicy#getExpiryForCreation).

> Also you can look into the topic about how to expiration policy is using[1].
>
> [1]: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/expiry-policies <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/expiry-policies>
>
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Ferry Syafei Sapei <ferry.sapei@googlemail.com <mailto:ferry.sapei@googlemail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Would it be possible to implement a custom expiry policy to expire cache content at a
certain time, e.g.: at 12:00 all the cache contents will be expired and removed from the cache?