ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Sobolevsky, Vladeslav" <vsobo...@akamai.com>
Subject Cluster singleton and predicate method
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 07:05:58 GMT
Hi,

I have a service that should have single instance running on cluster.
So I use cluster singleton feature for this , which works fine.
Now in my service I have some internal logic that decides that this particular machine is
not good anymore and it needs to migrate.
This logic doesn’t related to the ignite topology changes , so the node can be in topology
and valid from Ignite perspective  but it’s not valid for the service to work on.
I use setPredicate  method in service configuration to set the predicate that checks if this
node is valid and return true if the internal check pass.
I have also added checks in my Service implementation to periodically test same condition
and if it’s not valid raise exception in execute method.

I don’t see it’s migrating to the node where the check passes.
Is this even achievable with Apache Ignite ? What is the right way of doing it ?
I use Ignite 1.6

Thank You,
Vladik