ignite-user mailing list archives

From Jason <fqy...@outlook.com>
Subject How is memory used for the Ignite server node?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:03:25 GMT
hi Ignite team,

I've a 21 server nodes Ignite cluster and found that their memory usage has
a very big difference:
the min is ~28G, and the max is ~45G.

our total data capacity is ~90G (key is tens of bytes and value is ~2-3k),
with 2 backups and few columns for sql query and based on the capacity
planning formula in your doc:

memory for each node: 90G * 3 * 1.3 / 21 ~= 17G

And now, we've set the JVM max memory to 10G and use off_heap with max size
30G.

Checked the JMX for the min memory and max memory nodes, found that:

for max memory node (45G),
total entries: ~6.2M, allocated off-heap size: ~17.3G, heap: 9G
for min memory node (28G),
total entries: ~5.5M, allocated off-heap size: ~14.5G, heap: 7G

So I wonder where other memory is used (max memory node: 45G - 17.3G - 9G ~=
17G, even for min memory node: 28G - 14.5G - 7G ~= 6.5G) ?

BTW, we use off-heap, why does it still need so many heap (9G versus 17.3G,
7G versus 14.5G)? If I reduce the max JVM memory, will it throw OOM
exception? If not, any impact to the latency?

would you like to share some experience data during production?

Thanks,
-Jason