ignite-user mailing list archives

From "ross.anderson" <ross.ander...@caplin.com>
Subject Deadlock during Client Continuous Query deserialization
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 13:53:30 GMT
Hi all,

We are seeing frequent deadlocks when trying to read the cache event data
received by Continuous Queries running on the Client. We do have a fair
number (2000) of these Continuous Queries running - but it's my
understanding that Ignite should be able to deal with this number?

These deadlocks affect the Server Node as well as the Client Node - the
Server Node will resume normal operation as soon as the affected Client Node
is disconnected.
The Client Node is only affected when it tries to deserialize the data -
using withKeepBinary removes the issue (at least until attempting to
deserialize it myself).

It's quite trivial to reproduce, and we've managed to do so on OSX and Linux
environments.

I've uploaded a test project to github which contains examples and a readme
detailing how to run them - I'm happy to provide any assistance as I've
spent a couple of days now boiling it down to this simple case.

https://github.com/rossdanderson/IgniteDeadlock

Thanks,
Ross