ignite-user mailing list archives

From bintisepaha <binti.sep...@tudor.com>
Subject Re: transaction not timing out
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 02:00:18 GMT
Hi,

Trying to find an answer to the above.
I do not understand why commit() is unable to finish. In an
optimistic/serializable transaction, it should not even reach the commit
phase using the 2 phase protocol. If the txn reached he commit() phase and
then it was successful in acquiring all the locks it needs and it should not
stall.

Another related question, is it not recommended to start an ignite
transaction from the client? what happens if the client crashes in the
middle of the transaction? With pessimistic txn on client side, and if I
kill the client in the middle of the txn, those keys that it had locks on
are never released. now that same entry n cache cannot be updated by any
process. how do I get out of such a situation.

However, in optimistic locking this does not happen until commit, so it
behaves differently. But what if the client crashes during commit phase? i
also cannot use optimistic in this scenario.

Thanks,
Binti