ignite-user mailing list archives

From kwon <kwon_ju...@cocone.co.jp>
Subject Question about Tier Propagation of Memory
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 03:15:10 GMT
Hi,
I have a some question about Tier Propagation of Memory,
i.e, cached data moving from on-heap to off-heap memory and viceversa.

I read below, and wonder..
=======================
As data gets colder (not accessed) Ignite will optionally migrate it from
On-Heap memory to Off-Heap memory, and from Off-Heap memory to Swap (disk)
storage.
Whenever some data is accessed, it will immediately be propagated to the top
tier pushing some other colder data down the next memory tier.

from  https://ignite.apache.org/features/datagrid.html
<https://ignite.apache.org/features/datagrid.html>

if I use "OFFHEAP_TIERED" as memory mode instead of "ONHEAP_TIERED",
then does it also occur data propagation from down tier(i.e, off-heap) to
top tier(i.e, on-heap)?
for example, I access data like as get(some_key),
then does the data(value mapping by key) moved from off-heap to on-heap?
Or in "OFFHEAP_TIERED" mode,  the data is always exist on off-heap,
and can access data without moving to on-heap?