ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a binary object to two caches fails with FULL_SYNC write mode configured for the replicated cache
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 05:05:43 GMT
Please see my comments below

> Currently you have to make a copy of BinaryObject for each cache operation
> because it's not immutable and internally caches some information for
> performance reasons.

Isn't the BinaryObject  not bound
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Ignite-client-reads-old-metadata-even-after-cache-is-destroyed-and-recreated-tp5800p5823.html>

to any cache?
Also note that adding the same binary object to two caches works if the
synchronization mode of the replicated cache is PRIMARY_SYNC and not
FULL_SYNC. Why would this be working?

> Do you have a real case then you need to put a lot of binary object keys
> to multiple caches?

I was trying to simulate a workaround for the  IGNITE-1897
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1897>   where I maintain a
replicated cache for all the entries that are added/updated in a
transaction. Hence I am adding the same key/value pair to two caches.

> BTW, if you are using BinaryObject key with only single standard java type
> it's simpler to just use the type as a cache key.

No I do have multiple fields as part of the BinaryObject. Its just for
reproducing the issue I added one field