ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How about adding kryo or protostuff as an optional marshaller?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 22:01:24 GMT
Hi Lin,

Do you have a GitHub project that I can run and compare these two
marshallers? From these snippets it's not very clear what is actually
serialized.

Generally, Ignite does provide minimal overhead in the binary format, mainly
to allow field lookups without deserialization, which is crucial for SQL
queries, for example. However, even with this overhead, there is no much
difference in numbers. I believe that in most real use cases this difference
will be negligible.

However, you can always try to introduce custom serialization protocol.
Simply implement Marshaller interface and provide the implementation in
IgniteConfiguration.

-Val