ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Writebehind retry logic
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 04:36:38 GMT
Hi Sparkle,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. Here is the instruction:

sparkle_j wrote
> Hi Val,
> If write behind failed due to bad data, framework is constantly trying to
> attempt (insert or update) forever. Hope you can make this re-try
> configurable. We had to implement some more code to limit the number of
> re-tries to 3. Wish this is configurable.
> Thanks,
> Sparkle.

Do you have several caches with write-behind being enabled? If it's so and
there is a primary, foreign or unique key constraint then a store can come
to the loop while a constrained is satisfied (a write-behind store of cacheA
will wait and retry his updates until a write-behind store of cacheB inserts
its data that will satisfy a constraint).

In any case please share the full stack trace of your issue.