ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understanding data store and partitioning
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 12:48:59 GMT
> You can find partition number using: affinity.partition(key)

My question was - to get the partition id we need the cache key. When doing
the initial load into ignite we don't have the cache key. Does that mean we
cannot have an optimized data loading (i.e. partition aware data loading)?

> Yes it does work. Each node hase own instance of CacheStore.

Is the loadCache() method from the CacheStore invoked on a new server node
that joins the cluster? If yes, what is the reason behind it? Won't it be
copying the existing partitions from other server nodes?

Thanks