ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writebehind retry logic
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 06:48:47 GMT
Hi Sparkle,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. Here is the instruction:

sparkle_j wrote
> We currently have write behind enabled on some of our caches and noticed
> that if there is a RuntimeException, writebehind is being retried
> "Forever". Is there a better way to control this behavior. May be stop
> attempting after 3 re-tries. Is this configurable..? If not please,
> suggest alternatives.

Looks like this is not configurable right now. But usually such an exception
means that the database is not accessible at the moment and the write-behind
store leaves unwritten entries in the queue until the database is recovered.
However, it will start evicting from the queue if it grows too much to avoid
memory issues. Do you see and problems with this approach?

-Val