ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Data lost when using write-behind
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 06:43:08 GMT
Hi Sparkle,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. Here is the instruction:

sparkle_j wrote
> To address this issue, we are using a cache to store updates from within a
> transaction and remove them when write behind is complete.
>
> In case of a node failure event, we just read the local entries from the
> cache, and try to force write those updates to database. However this is
> causing blocking and grid comes a halt after sometime (we may be updating
> and removing same key from the cache). Do you please recommend a better
> way to handle this scenario.

This sounds like a workable solution. However, I'm not sure why the grid
hangs in your case. Can you elaborate more details? I would recommend to
start with collecting logs and thread dumps from all nodes. If you attache
them here, I will be able to take a look.

-Val