ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Grid versus Compute Grid
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 01:55:18 GMT

Can you please property subscribe to the mailing list so that the community
can receive email notifications for your messages? Here is the instruction:

Ramesh wrote
> I am unable to understand the motivation for a compute grid. Is it
> primarily for providing a clustered computing environment along with
> in-memory processing? In other words is there not a lot of overlap between
> the two grids?

Yes, Compute Grid is for high performant parallel processing and distributed
execution. Please refer to the documentation [1] and examples [2] for more

Note that Compute Grid is highly integrated with Data Grid. For example, you
can route closures to the node where particular data is stored, avoiding
transferring large data objects across the network [3].

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "overlap between the two grids".
Can you please clarify?

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/compute-grid
[3] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/collocate-compute-and-data