ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while loading data into cache with BinaryObject as key field
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 17:16:38 GMT
Thanks for pinpointing the issue. The issue got resolved after setting a
custom key type. The data got loaded into the cache.

1. The strange part is that even if I set different key and value types the
below query executes correctly

        SqlQuery<BinaryObject, BinaryObject> query = new
SqlQuery<>(table.getCacheValueType(), "F1 = 'ABC' AND F2 = 'XYZ'");
        try(QueryCursor<Cache.Entry&lt;BinaryObject, BinaryObject>> cursor =
cache.query(query)) {
            logger.info("No of entries : {}", cursor.getAll().size());

        }

Here F1 is a field from the key object while F2 is a field from the value
object. The cache is of type IgniteCache<BinaryObject, BinaryObject>

2. Even though the previous data load got resolved on setting the correct
keytype of the querytype, I didn't follow why does the query engine kick in
when I am try to load the data using the data streamer api? How does
deserialization come in, isn't it suppose to just do serialization when

Kindly let me your inputs. It will help in understanding whats happening
behind the scenes.

Thanks.