ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Iterating through a BinaryObject cache fails
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 12:17:04 GMT
Ok. The test case worked after I specified "withKeepBinary()" when fetching
the cache instance before iterating through it.

I have following questions in order to understand to make sure I understand
the internals of how it works.

1. Should I specify withKeepBinary() when creating the cache instance for
2. I didn't follow the reason why I should specify withKeepBinary() when
fetching the cache for querying since the original cache instance itself is
of the type IgniteCache<String, BinaryObject>. Does ignite try to
deserialize it when I don't specify withKeepBinary()? If so, do you mean the
deserialization of the field & type names (since they are converted to hash
values) and the values?
3. Why does iterating through the cache fail when I don't specify
withKeepBinary()? Shouldn't iterating through the cache succeed irrespective
of whether the cache is serialized or deserialized? I am specifically
talking about the case when the cache is of type BinaryObject.
4. Does ignite maintain two copies of the cache internally - one serialized
and another deserialized and return the appropriate one based on the
withKeepBinary flag?
5. If I specify config.setStoreKeepBinary(true); at the time of cache
creation I would not have to specify withKeepBinary() every time I retrieve
the cache instance. Is my understanding right?

Thanks!