ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject BinaryObject Restrictions
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 09:42:04 GMT
>From the documentation I understood that BinaryMarshaller is the default
Marshaller used for serializing and storing objects in the cache. So, all
the java pojo objects added to the cache are converted to the binary format
(which is repesented by the BinaryObject class) and deserialized whenever we
retrieve them. Let me know if my understanding is right.

Assuming this, I didn't follow why doesn't the BinaryObject Restriction
specified on  this page
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/binary-marshaller>   does not apply for
java pojo's

"BinaryObject format does not allow same field names on different levels of
a class hierarchy."

public class Person {
    private String name;
    private Address address;
}

public class Address {
    private String name;
}

Shouldn't adding a Person object to the cache fail since it has an embedded
object that also contains the same field with the same type (String name)?

Thanks.