ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: listening for events on transactions
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 20:16:44 GMT
Hi David,

I would implement this using custom events in the following way:

- introduce your custom event - TransactionEvent and send it every time to subscribers a transaction
succeeds using IgniteEvents.recordLocal(…) method. The event can contain any info you need.

- the separate process can subscribe for your custom TransactionEvents, process them and publish
to Kafka.

This will let you to decouple Ignite logic from Kafka logic.

Below is a code snippet that demonstrates how to use custom events in general:
https://gist.github.com/dmagda/f1b93a9aa4774a360465bc9f63cc58c9

Will this work for you?

—
Denis

> On Jun 1, 2016, at 9:09 PM, David Robinson <drobin1437@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can - but apparently not with a separate process that gets notifications - which is
the design point I was seeking.