ignite-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schmitt <peter.schmitt....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non-cluster mode
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 07:48:13 GMT
Hi Val,

I did further tests and it looks like OutOfMemoryError shows up in case the
VM isn't fast enough with its GC. If you add e.g. cache.get in a loop for
every key, it's possible to reproduce it. Doing System.gc() every thousand
calls takes longer, but the VM has enough time for GC and it works. Nothing
is referenced permanently, because a simple cache.get call is used. But I'm
not sure how we can handle it in a high-load scenario. From my tests I
can't see the coherency between size of Off-Heap-Memory and the required
size of On-Heap-Memory to avoid a OutOfMemoryError.

Kind regards
Peter