ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: System.exit() not exiting cleanly (locked on IgnitionEx$IgniteNamedInstance)
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 13:22:39 GMT
Binti, please see the answers below

> Denis, is it ok to delete this file while the cluster is up? or this folder?
> servers and clietns might be connected to it.

Delete the whole folder after the cluster is down.

> is System.exit() or Ignite.stop(grid, false) not a good solution? Should we
> be using Ignite.close()? or Ignite.stop(grid, true) to kill all the current
> running jobs.

Do you see any difference between the usage of Ignite.stop(grid, false) vs Ignite.stop(grid,
true) vs etc?
In my understanding this issue is fully related to the shmem library: there can be some hardly
to reproduce bug that causes this issue or operating system doesn’t releases lock of lock.file.

In fact it’s absolutely OK to use all these methods and my recommendation will be as before:
turn off the shmem at all. Is there any reason why you can’t do this?

—
Denis