ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: State of initially started cache with CacheRebalanceMode.SYNC ?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 07:55:09 GMT
Kristian,

How many nodes do you have in the cluster? If there are more than two server nodes then there
shouldn’t be any blocking because while rebalancing is happening on one node the other node
can accept and fulfill cache related operations. The main point is that the cluster won’t
stuck until data is being rebalanced on some node.

—
Denis

> On Jun 13, 2016, at 10:51 AM, Kristian Rosenvold <krosenvold@apache.org> wrote:

>> This property means that a node that is being started and where a part of cache data
is being rebalanced won’t be considered for any cache related operations until the rebalancing
has finished.

>> In my understanding such a node won’t be considered for cache operations like put,
get, etc. until all the data is fully rebalanced on it. However this doesn’t prevent from
getting a cache reference on this node and ask for current cache size.