ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: transaction not timing out
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 09:43:45 GMT
Hi Binti,

There is an issue in your code. The cache that is used for transaction operations is not transaction,
it’s atomic.
The following code below will properly create the transaction cache for you and you will get
the timeout exception

this.ignite = Ignition.start("examples/config/example-ignite.xml");

CacheConfiguration<String, String> cc = new CacheConfiguration<String, String>();
cc.setAtomicityMode(CacheAtomicityMode.TRANSACTIONAL);
cc.setName("CacheA");

cacheA = ignite.getOrCreateCache(cc);

In addition I have a couple of more comments in advance:

1) You don’t need to rollback a transaction if it fails. This will be done automatically.

2) There is no big sense to use the timeout for OPTIMISTIC/SERIALIZABLE transactions because
they are deadlock free.
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/transactions#deadlock-free-transactions <https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/transactions#deadlock-free-transactions>

With this kind of transactions you should to process TransactionOptimisticException. Refer
to example that is at the end of this paragraph
https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/transactions#optimistic-transactions <https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/transactions#optimistic-transactions>

—
Denis