ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Migrating From Hazelcast Service Interface To Apache Ignite Service Interface
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 05:12:50 GMT
Hi Gareth,

To control data location/disposal you need to write your own AffinityFunction (just refer
to this interface). Using AffinityFunction you can select a range of nodes that will hold
primary replicas and a range of nodes that will be stored the rest of data.

Probably even more simple scenario that may work for you is to store primary data (primary
replica) in a particular cache and use CacheConfiguration.nodeFilter for cache deployment
on particular nodes only. The same can be done for summary data if to place it in a separate
cache as well.

—
Denis

Ignite Service Interface <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Migrating-From-Hazelcast-Service-Interface-To-Apache-Ignite-Service-Interface-tp2970p5812.html>