ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Query
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2016 13:34:14 GMT
Hi Alex,

All the local listeners that satisfy remote filters’ conditions will be notified. However
there is one to one relationship between remote filter and local listener meaning that if
you have 4 CQs then 4 remote filters will be executed and 4 local listeners notified if needed.

What happens in particular on your side? Don’t you see that a local listener is notified
or remote filter gets called?

What version are you on?

—
Denis

> On Jun 29, 2016, at 3:58 AM, Alex Osmakoff <Alex.Osmakoff@macquarie.com> wrote:
>
> Hi There,
>
> I am using Continuous Query mechanism and most of the time it works just fine. However,
in some cases, it seems intermittently, CQ does not pick up the update in the cache where
it should.

> Could you please clarify the behaviour of Continuous Query in the following scenario:
>
> My business logic might create multiple identical CQs in separate processing tasks. As
I have no control on where the particular task gets executed within the grid it is possible
that two identical queries gets created on the same node. Now when the cache gets updated
and remote filter picks up the update to pass it to the local listener of the query, would
local listeners in both queries be notified or only one? I think the same applies to CACHE_PUT_EVENT
propagation in general: if there are two (or more) listeners and only one event would all
the listeners be notified regardless of their location?

> Many thanks,
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex
>
> This email and any attachment is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message. Macquarie does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attachments.
For important disclosures and information about the incorporation and regulated status of
Macquarie Group entities please see: www.macquarie.com/disclosures <http://www.macquarie.com/disclosures>