ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Using Apache Ingnite as RDBMS in memory Cache
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 21:33:30 GMT
Hi,

To achieve the performance boost you need to use Apache Ignite SQL engine [1]. However all
the data has to be located in caches (RAM). SQL engine doesn’t work against RDBMS.

So you need to preload data into caches from RDBMS using one of existed approaches [2]. After
that you can start using Ignite SQL.
If you want to sync up caches with RDBMS then you need to use one of CacheStore interface
implementations [3].

Finally, I would recommend you taking look at Ignite examples to see how the product works
in practice.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-queries>
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-loading <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-loading>
[3] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/persistent-store

—
Denis

> On Jun 17, 2016, at 12:20 AM, Andrés Ivaldi <iaivaldi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, I'm new with Apache Ignite, I'd like to know how can I use Apache Ignite cache
to bust up RDBMS queries. I saw it in apache conn that is possible perform querys against
RDBMS allowing to speed up it's execution