ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: DataStreamer pool
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 12:06:04 GMT
Hi Dmitriy,

I would simply start the streaming in a separate thread right after the compute task is received.
If you need to send a result to the compute task’s originator after the streaming has finished
you can use Ignite Continuation functionality releasing a thread from the public pool right
before the streaming is started using holdcc() and awake it later using calcc().

Refer to ComputeFibonacciContinuationExample for more details on how to use holdcc/callcc

> On Jun 24, 2016, at 9:03 AM, Dmitry Karachentsev <dkarachentsev@gridgain.com> wrote:
> Hi igniters!
> Using data streamer from compute tasks may cause starvation, because both operations
are executed in the same public pool. Is it possible to add configuration for separate thread
pool for data streamer?
> Thanks!
> Dmitry.

View raw message