ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Persistent storage with Ignite C++
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 12:53:24 GMT
Hi Graham,

You can specify a Java-based implementation of a persistent storage in Spring XML configuration
of Ignite and start a C++ node with this configuration. After that the data that is stored
on C++ node should be persisted as well.

Igor Sapego, please correct me if I’m wrong.

—
Denis

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 1:38 PM, Graham Bull <kaizohh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We'd like to use Ignite with persistent storage. However, I'm not sure if our scenario
is feasible.

> We'll be using Ignite C++. From the documentation it seems as though this provides a
limited subset of the full Java version. There's no compute functionality, but that's coming
soon. But more importantly (for us) there's no persistent storage functionality.

> I understand that Ignite C++ can cluster with Ignite Java. If that's indeed the case,
and the Java instances are able to persist the data they contain, then what happens to the
data on the C++ instances? Will it be persisted, or will it be lost when the C++ instances
are shut down?

> The thinking was that initially we'd have a cluster consisting of one C++ instance and
one or more Java instances. And later on, once compute functionality is available, we'd move
everything to C++.