ignite-user mailing list archives

From M Singh <mans2si...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ignite - Question about update counter field for continuous queries
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2016 16:51:26 GMT
Thanks Alexey for the answer.

    On Friday, June 3, 2016 9:36 AM, Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncharuk@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,
Ignite client automatically checks the partition counter and filters out duplicate events,
you do not need to do it manually to get rid of duplicates. However, starting from Ignite
1.6 update counter is available through CacheQueryEvent API.

Hi Folks:
I have a question about once only event delivery for continuous queries.
The document (https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/continuous-queries) indicates that there
is a per partition update counter which is sent to the client along with the change notification.
I checked the CacheEntryEvent and could not find the update counter field.  Also, is this
field (update counter) handled internally by Ignite client library (dropping duplicate events
on the client side) or does the client listener has to check it in case of duplicate events.
If the client listener has to check the update counter, please let me know how to access this
field.
Thanks
Mans