ignite-user mailing list archives

From Agneeswaran <agneeswaran.ponnuraman...@nielsen.com>
Subject Re: Performance issue on Ignite ODBC API
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 16:49:31 GMT
Hi Igor,

We have checked our configuration details and we suspect that the
performance degradation is with the
SQLFetch(stmt); This issue  happens only with the client server model not
with the odbc-example.

Lets say,
Database has Row count as 10 and column count as 5.

Please see the following code and my comments,

 SQLSMALLINT columnsCnt = 0;
 std::vector<OdbcStringBuffer> columns(columnsCnt);

/*
 columnsCnt- this will return the number of column say 5 in our example and
there is no option to
 retrieve the row count.
*/

  for (SQLSMALLINT i = 0; i < columnsCnt; ++i)
     SQLBindCol(stmt, i+1, SQL_CHAR, columns[i].buffer,
ODBC_BUFFER_SIZE, &columns[i].reallen);

/*
 This columns[i].buffer allocated buffer for each columns.
 */

         while (true)
         {
               SQLRETURN ret = SQLFetch(stmt);
               /*
               SQLFetch(stmt) fetches the values one by one that is each row
with 5 columns.
               we are getting the issue during this while loops.
               i.e it always fetches only one row at a time.
              */

               if (!SQL_SUCCEEDED(ret))
                 break;
           }
I think that, there is no option to retrieve more than one row of data at a
time.

Please correct me if i am wrong and provide your suggestions.

Thanks,
Agneeswaran