ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite client reads old metadata even after cache is destroyed and recreated
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:26:57 GMT
Ok. Thanks for your inputs. I understand the binary object better than
before.

Few follow up questions.  About the second point

> 2. It seems ignite starts reading the metadata in the background even
> before
> Ignite instance is created. Where does it read the metadata from?

Metadata is accessed whenever an object is being serialized (and its
metadata hash number has changed
) or deserialized.
> Metadata is accessed whenever an object is being serialized (and its
> metadata hash number has changed
) or deserialized.

1. Does the serialization & deserialization happen for all objects or just
when we deal with BinaryObject? I ask because I could see BinaryMarshaller
being used as the default.

2. While debugging I could see the ignite client code build up metadata in
the background on startup. So my client was restarted between the 1 and 3
(refer original post). I wonder how & where did the client node build its
metadata from after restart?

Thanks.