ignite-user mailing list archives

From mrinalkamboj <mrinal.technol...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple column filtering and sorting in Apache Ignite
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 07:53:20 GMT
Following is my Poco class, my query include a set of filters on few columns,
which is facilitated using the QuerySqlField attribute, further there's
multiple column sorting, for which the fields are indexed, now my
understanding is indexing has a role only in sorting, but in this case user
can ask for Ascending or Descending and the combination of columns like
"OrderId Asc,OrderName desc"

- What kind of index can facilitate this kind of query ?
- Can a field be indexed for both ascending and descending ?
- Are the group indexes required in this case  ?

In my view it might not be practical to create index for all the

public class OrderEntity
        [QuerySqlField(IsIndexed = true)]
        public int OrderId { get; set; }

        [QuerySqlField(IsIndexed = true)]
        public string OrderName { get; set; }

        [QuerySqlField(IsIndexed = true)]
        public DateTime OrderDateTime { get; set; }

        [QuerySqlField(IsIndexed = true)]
        public double OrderValue { get; set; }

        [QuerySqlField(IsIndexed = true)]
        public string OrderAddress { get; set; }