ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: How do i expose a cluster singleton service through REST
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 13:05:23 GMT

Please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have to
manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to ì
user-subscribe@ignite.apache.orgî and follow simple instructions in the

Actually you have several options here.

1) Use Ignite Services Grid API [1] deploying a node singleton on all the
cluster nodes that has to be controlled. In order to connect to the cluster
and execute your services API methods your UI can use a client node
connection [2] underneath.

2) Again use client node as a gateway to connect from your UI to the cluster
and use Ignite Compute Grid [3] sending particular tasks to the cluster
where every task will perform some operation on every node (start process A,
kill process A, etc.)

Finally, if you need basic management of your cluster or basic statistics
then I would recommend to use GridGain Web Console [4] for that.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.6/docs/service-grid
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers
[3] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/compute-grid
[4] https://ignite.apache.org/addons.html#web-console

I'm running certain processes in every node. I want to control the lifecycle
of these processes as well as all the nodes in a cluster or group of
clusters through UI. Presently i'm thinking of creating a cluster singleton
and node singletons where the cluster singleton will direct the node
singletons in order to control the processes on it. I am also thinking of
exposing the cluster singleton APIs through REST so that the UI can use them
to communicate with the cluster singleton.
I have two questions
1. Does this seem like a good approach?
2. How do i expose my cluster singleton to REST?

TIA, for your inputs.