ignite-user mailing list archives

From pragmaticbigdata <amits...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow Transaction Performance
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 11:32:57 GMT
Thanks for the replies

> do you execute transactions in parallel? Usually if keys that are used in
> transactions are not intersected you can start several Thread an execute
> transactions from them simultaneously.

The timings I posed are to update 11k entries in a cache that was pre-loaded
with 1 million records. A single transaction was started around this update.
Also this update uses bulk methods (i.e. cache.putAll()) to update all 11k
entries in the cache. I had observed a tremendous performance improvement in
doing a bulk update.

> how do you measure and how your code looks like? Also don’t forget about
> VM warmup before starting gathering performance statistics.

I monitor it by loggers. Its a standalone application code for POC purpose.
The code basically serially updates cache entries from single or multiple
caches. A snippet of the relevant code is shared here -

> what is the reason why you started measuring this particular transactions?
> Do you have any specific use case? If you use case is just to preload that
> cache as fast as possible you can use IgniteDataStreamer for that

Our use case is to update cache entries on an user event. This update
practically triggers updates in multiple caches which in-turn again triggers
updates is other caches and so and so forth. A graph dependency framework is
implemented to determine what are the next set of updates.
All these updates are to be implemented in one transaction. I tried using
the affinity features of ignite but experienced a very slow performance with

Let me know if you need more details.