ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Cluster Topology Failure Detection
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 10:18:40 GMT
Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have to
manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to ì
user-subscribe@ignite.apache.orgî and follow simple instructions in the
reply.

In regards to your question, you can subscribe for
org.apache.ignite.events.EventType.NODE_FAILED and
org.apache.ignite.events.EventType.NODE_LEFT to track the list of the nodes
that either left the cluster abnormally or gracefully.

If to combine this information with cluster.topology(topologyVersion) or
org.apache.ignite.events.EventType.NODE_JOINED you will be able to track the
list of active nodes and the nodes that left the cluster at some point of
time.

--
Denis

-----------------------------------

Hi,

We plan to run multiple nodes in REPLICATED MODE and we want to track/report
how many nodes are up and running at any point on time. I am using the below
code snippet

        IgniteCluster cluster = ignite.cluster();
        long topologyVersion = cluster.topologyVersion();
        System.out.println("--------------------------Topology
        System.out.println(cluster.topology(topologyVersion));

This however doesnot tell me which node/s are up and which are down with
hosts(machines) running. Its tell me what nodes are up and running. Is there
a way to find details of all nodes like running vs crashed or stuck in some
bad state while host/machine is up and running.

Thank you.