ignite-user mailing list archives

From Kamal <kamaltar...@gmail.com>
Subject How to retrieve data from Collocated Cache with Simple Key
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 12:19:05 GMT
Hi,

    I've gone through the affinity collocation[1] example to understand how
data gets collocated across caches. In my example, I found that I'm not able
to retrieve data from collocated cache with simple key.

I mean.

Cache<AffinityKey&lt;String>, Person> personCache = ..;
personCache.get(new AffinityKey<>(key, affKey)); // returns value
personCache.get(new AffinityKey<>(key)); // throws NPE

	at
org.apache.ignite.cache.affinity.rendezvous.RendezvousAffinityFunction.partition(RendezvousAffinityFunction.java:428)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheAffinityManager.partition(GridCacheAffinityManager.java:206)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheContext.toCacheKeyObject(GridCacheContext.java:1801)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.distributed.dht.atomic.GridDhtAtomicCache.get(GridDhtAtomicCache.java:339)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheAdapter.get(GridCacheAdapter.java:4650)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheAdapter.get(GridCacheAdapter.java:1391)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.IgniteCacheProxy.get(IgniteCacheProxy.java:907)
	at
my.apache.ignite.examples.collocation.CacheCollocationExample.main(CacheCollocationExample.java:69)

In some scenarios, I have to fetch data from cache by simple key.

[1]: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation
CacheCollocationExample.java
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n5452/CacheCollocationExample.java>

Company.java