ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Azure App Service compatible?
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 22:40:23 GMT
Just doubled checked and figured out that it won’t be possible to use TcpDiscoveryCloudIpFinder
on Azure cloud.
The IP finder relies on Compute Service functionality from JClouds but unfortunately Azure
is not in “ComputeService” list of supported providers [1].

It means that a special IP finder has to be created for Azure cloud. I’ve create a ticket
[2]. Probably someone shows interest in it in the nearest time and will implement.

In the meanwhile, the error you’re facing with is not related to IP finder. Was it reproduced
when you used the static IP finder? Will it disappear if you set IgniteConfiguration.setLocalHost(…)
explicitly to some network address?

Finally, you mentioned that there is a shared file system that will be accessible by all the
nodes. In such a case you can give a try to shared file system IP finder [3] (sorry documentation
on readme.io <http://readme.io/> is missing).

If the shared file system IP finder won’t work for you as well then give a try to JDBC IP
Finder [4].

[1] http://jclouds.apache.org/reference/providers/ <http://jclouds.apache.org/reference/providers/>
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3173 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3173>
[3] https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/2cfe0cb5a0d84caede8b528b0a515ab4ba92bbc6/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/spi/discovery/tcp/ipfinder/sharedfs/TcpDiscoverySharedFsIpFinder.java