ignite-user mailing list archives

From dharamthacker <dharamthacke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pre-calculated JOIN queries as map in ignite
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 12:52:44 GMT

As you mentioned,
It's fine to use Ignite as a simple caching mechanism for DB query results.
Each time a query is executed, save the result in IgniteCache and then use
this cached result is the same query is requested

But that's what I want to avoid [Each time DB query]. On startup itself, I
want to cache all JOINed resultset into memory as I am sure that it's going
to be required. But I don't have POJO/domain model, then how I should store
them in cache?

If I say Employee or Department, they denote domain/entity model classes.
But I don't want to have predefined POJO to store it into cache. I should be
able to add dynamic query each resulting into separate map in distributed
cache. That's a reason, I mentioned,
Key = Set<Tuple>
Value = List<Tuple>

I don't want to store database tables in cache and then apply
predicate/query to calculate join. Rather I only want to have precalculated
JOINed results.

- User1 may say, given A,B I need A1,B1,B2,B3,B4,B5 [Separate Map with
Key(A,B) Values(A1,B1,B2,B3,B4,B5)]
- User2 may say, given A,C I need A1,C1,C5 [Separate Map with Key(A,C)
Values (A1,C1,C5)]