ignite-user mailing list archives

From arthi <Arthi.Kasturirangan...@nielsen.com>
Subject Re: Get client node instance
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 15:41:03 GMT
Hi Igor,

this is my usecase - I use the ignite data grid to store my business data in
memory. My client application needs to run SQL queries on this data. Every
client request in the application will be translated to multiple SQL
queries. The application needs to support 400-500 concurrent users.
My client application is written in C++.

My grid can grow to have terabytes of data across 30-40 server nodes.

The SLA for the one request/response is < 30 sec. My SQL queries come back
faster, its the ignite client joining time I would want to reduce. I create
one client node per user request and that instance is used to execute the
multiple SQL queries to get the response.

what is the best that is possible in terms of client join time? Can it be
<1-2 secs? My servers are Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz with
256GB RAM and 40 cores, the n/w between the nodes is high speed too.

Thanks,
Arthi