ignite-user mailing list archives

From zshamrock <aliaksandr.kaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't stop Ignite instance using Ignition.stopAll() or Ignition.kill()
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 16:42:38 GMT
I do some integration testing, and actually all of the IT cases I wrote works
fine (ignite server is starting, client node connects, and in the end of the
IT case both are closed). Everything works fine.

Although, one test never ends. It doesn't much differ from the rest of the
IT cases I have, but apparently something is different, not in setup, but
something related to Ignite.

So, I have the following tear down method (using Spock here):

def cleanupSpec() {

        def grids = Ignition.allGrids()
        // stop all clients first
        grids.findAll { it.configuration().isClientMode() } forEach {
it.close() }
        // stop all the rest

A few things here to mention:
- Ignition.allGrids() returns 2 (where one instance is client, another is
server, both were running from the same JVM process)
- I try to stop all the clients (well, just one) first
- Ignition.allGrids() now returns 1
- Ignition.stopAll(true) triggers application CacheStore implementation
(there are 2 standing entries in the cache), they are saved are correctly
- And this is it, the process never stops, so the test is hanging forever

Instead of Ignition.stopAll(true), I've tried Ignition.kill(true), same
result, the process (IT case) keeps running, and never stops.

Eventually it has stopped:
>>> +---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>>> Ignite ver.
>>> 1.5.0-final#20151229-sha1:f1f8cda2f3f62231f42a59951bf34c39577c1bec
>>> stopped OK
>>> Grid name: server.ignite
>>> Grid uptime: 00:05:18:285

Grip uptime looks very close to writeBehindFlushFrequency, which I set to 5
minutes. Could it be the reason?

Does Ignition not stop the server (and even kill) until
writeBehindFlushFrequency has elapsed?

Any ideas what could be the reason, and how I can tweak the behavior?