ignite-user mailing list archives

From arthi <Arthi.Kasturirangan...@nielsen.com>
Subject Re: Compute Grid API in C++/Scala
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 04:55:20 GMT
Thanks Val.

we have a c++ computing engine that currently works as an independent node
today.
We need to reuse this engine, and deploy it as a closure / callable across
the cluster of nodes so that instances of this engine could work in parallel
for various inputs, and once they all complete, there should be a reducer
node that could join the results with certain rules and give out the
results.

This use case closely matches your compute grid capability with fork/join /
mapper/reducer.

Since compute grid is not available in C++ today, we were thinking we we
could have java API wrapping the closures using JNA for now and have the
java compute grid do the rest. Are we thinking right? Will the load
balancing work with this design?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Arthi