ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Detecting a node leaving the cluster
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2016 13:49:06 GMT
From what I understand in the documentation client mode will mean I will lose high availability,
which is the point of using a distributed cache.

The architecture is such that we have multiple client applications that need to communicate
with the service that has the clustered cache. The client applications expect to get callbacks
when events occur in the third party application the service is communicating with. If one
of the service nodes fail - for example during a rolling deployment - we need one of the other
nodes to re-establish the connection with the third party so it can continue to monitor for
the events. Note that the service servers are load-balanced so they may each have an arbitrary
number of connections with the third party.

So I either need a listener that tells me when one of the nodes in the cluster has left or
a way of creating the connection using something ignite provides so that it automatically
causes the connection to be recreated when a node leaves.

Ralph

> On Apr 23, 2016, at 12:01 AM, Владислав Пятков <vldpyatkov@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Ralph,
>
> I think the correct way is to use client node (with setClientMode - true) for control
of cluster. Client node is isolated from data processing and not subject fail of load.
> Why are you connect each node with third party application instead of to do that only
from client?

> On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 4:10 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
> I have an application that is using Ignite for a clustered cache.  Each member of the
cache will have connections open with a third party application. When a cluster member stops
its connections must be re-established on other cluster members.

> I can do this manually if I have a way of detecting a node has left the cluster, but
I am hoping that there is some other recommended way of handling this.